Since leaving the world of retail makeup artistry, I've had the opportunity to delve into other brands a lot more, so here are my top 5 picks for this month and why I love them so much.
1. MAC Face and Body : Although I'm no longer a "MAC Girl", Face and Body will always be a ride or die product for not only myself, but for my kit too. This water based foundation provides a sheer to medium coverage with a beautiful dewy finish. I love this for every day wear as it has a 12-15hr wear, it's water resistant and it looks so natural on the skin.
2. Colourpop "Skimpy" Lipliner : Okay, let me just start by saying these lipliners are only $5. Let me also say, they are INCREDIBLE. Such a creamy, longwear formula, I'm in love. This particular nude teams up so well with a number of lipsticks and glosses, and it's been my go to all year!
3. Benefit Hoola Bronzer : The perfect cool-toned bronzer to sculpt and shape your face! A little goes a long way with this one, so start off softly and build up where desired. I like to follow this with a warmer bronzer to warm up the face.
4. MAC "Double Gleam" In Extra Dimension Highlighter : If you love a blinding highlight that melts into the skin, this is the one for you! Every day I wear this I have people compliment me on my glow, so I guess we have a winner. I'm a highlighter hoarder, but this is definitely part of my top 3 highlighters of all time.
5. Essence "Silky Nude" Extreme Lasting Eye Pencil : I think I literally recommend this pencil to at least 1 person a day. At $4, even cheaper when Priceline sales are on, this eyeliner is an absolute steal. It's creamy, brightens the eye AND is waterproof! I love adding a nude liner to my waterline, it just helps open up my eyes, and goes with practically any look. 10/10 would recommend.